Watch the full video here: How To Make Boards Private On Pinterest In Less Than 5 Minutes
In today’s post, I am going to be sharing with you a quick tutorial on how to make your boards private on Pinterest and I’m going to show you two different ways in which you can do that.
- If you already have an existing board and
- If you want to create a new board and make that private.
The first way is if you already have an existing board in your Pinterest account.
#1 Make An Existing Board Private
So, what you’re going to do is you’re going to navigate to the specific board that you want to make private and you’re going to click on the edit option (mouse cursor below).
Once you click on the edit option, in the pop up window, you will see an option called ‘Visibility’. You’re gonna have a checkbox that says keep the board secret next to it. If you click on this checkbox that means your board is now private and cannot be seen by anyone except for you on Pinterest.
In future, when you actually want to make this board public, then just toggle this off and you will have a public board that is going to be visible to all of your followers, and everyone on Pinterest.
The second way is for you to create a private board right at the beginning itself.
#2 Create A Private Board From Scratch
Navigate to boards. Click ‘Create a board’ (mouse cursor below).
Once the popup opens for creating a board, you will see an option called ‘Visibility’ (just like above) and when you check that box your board will be private.
You might want to create a private board for various reason like if
- you’re testing a new category or strategy on Pinterest and you’re not really ready to disclose it to the world
- you have a bunch of products that you want to promote via Pinterest but don’t want to disclose this board to everyone on your follower list or to everyone on Pinterest just yet
- you want to save enough pins to make your account look well-rounded, whole and really awesome to follow
- you want to make your personal boards private and you don’t want to share them with your professional or business followers
Or it could be an entirely different reason. Irrespective of what your reasons are, you can use these two methods to actually make your boards private anytime and all you gotta do is go back on editing your board, toggle the visibility option off which is the keep my board secret option and there you have it, you have a public board listed alongside all your other boards, visible in search, and also visible to everyone on Pinterest.
- How I Made Over $20,000 Blogging Last Year – Blog Income Report
- How To Make Money On Pinterest With A Blog
- How To Use Pinterest To Drive Traffic To Your Blog Or Website (9 Hacks)
- Pinterest Affiliate Marketing For Beginners
- Pinterest SEO- How To Rank #1 On Pinterest Even As A Beginner